...Is Chanel
My super sweet sister gifted me this fun bag the other day. I was super thrilled to have a cute and funny tote added to my grab-and-go bag collection as the only other tote I have has the Harry Potter logo on it (not complaining). It got a few compliments on the El this weekend so that's a huge plus! I love getting a chance to talk to strangers, it helps me work on my social skills :3.
_________________________________________

This weekend was on the chilly side. The windy city took a 180 temperature wise, going from hot summer to chilly, windy, "is it October or something?" weather. It was funny walking outside seeing individuals who forgot to check out the weather channel and wore their short-shorts and floppy hats with over sized sweaters and wool scarves. I did a few layering to beat the chill but forgot that this super flowy dress from Forever XXI is...well..super flowy. I had to hold it down as I walked to avoid having a Marilyn Monroe moment. It got a lot better as the day went on though. haha :). 


 Something I love about this great city is all the gorgeous little spots you find walking in a sea of skyscrapers. As Eamonn and I strutted down Michigan Ave (touristy..I know) I spotted this wonderful church that reminded me so much of my University life in Toronto. I adore Gothic architecture and vines so I quickly pulled out my Nikon and had him snap a few pictures for me. I think the spot was quite lovely - especially since I was wearing this darling hat from H&M and debuting my new white and cream oxfords. I fear I wont be in downtown anytime soon as this week is full of some more photo-shoots and other work, but it will definitely be missed. I've started packing again for life in Toronto (how has summer gone so quickly?) and I can't help but feel a bit heartbroken. It's been a very bittersweet weekend that's reminded me just how hard saying goodbye to those dear to you really is.


{Captured by Eamonn - wearing; Forever XXI dress and shirt, ALDO shoes, H&M hat, gifted bag}

43 comments

  1. Oh I love that! Such a great tote! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely adore this look from head to toe <3 also thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. you got yourself a new follower on Bloglovin' and looking forward to your next update

    xoxo
    http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog its adorable :) Plus I love your fashion style. come check out my blog??
    http://abeautifulheart07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha that bag is truly awesome!
    And your outfit is really cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this post, great shots! It's always so lovely finding new spots where you live... Like a surprise from the city to you! haha xx

    ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha, I'm actually one who loves the weird changing patterns of weather... seriously, if I can go through my wardrobe wearing jackets and colorful socks one day, and just a dress the other day, I'm one happy girl.

    This location is so beautiful! Wow, the greenery and the architecture is just gorgeous. I can't get over that. And adorable dress, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! I prefer slow and steady transition :0).. Thank you!

      Delete
  7. Haha, that cheeky bag is too cute! Love the scenery for these photos, the building outdoors is so pretty.
    Plus, what a lovely print dress :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog is really cute! Really love it, hahaha your bag is so funny yeah ! :D
    I'm your new follower on bloglovin :)

    xoxo from Switzerland :*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bag!! you look incredible! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The photos are wonderful and you have a really pretty outfit! And I love the tote bag :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha that bag is awesome!! I love the rest of the outfit too, the hat is adorable!

    heyniki.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. you look so cute! and that bag is hilarious ;) totally know how you feel about leaving those dear to you... I'm down to my last 12 hours of a vacation to asia to see my family. Meep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard :( but helps you appreciate them so much more! xx

      Delete
  13. Love the bag! The scenery is absolutely gorgeous. Obsessrd with this church on Michigan, you should go back there in the winter, the lights would look super cute with your outfits!
    You have quite the eye for cute outfits for all the seasons
    Looking forward to your next post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Meriam ;) you are wonderful xx
      I will definitely give it a visit then! Christmas in Chicago is the best :D

      Delete
  14. Adorable look. I love your dress and the cute tote. I need one too :D

    xx Mira

    www.glamdevils.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute outfit and beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cure look! Love the cool bag!

    http://rosdays.blogspot.co.il/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everything about this is adorable! This dress, the shoes, the bag... I want all of this!

    www.room-334.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a great outfit and beautiful pictures.
    <3 Lali

    ReplyDelete
  19. First of all, this location for photo taking is perfect! I am loving the print of your dress and the tote is awesome too, how nice of your sister :)
    Hope you're having a great day!
    xo Hannah

    thebraidedbandit.blogspot.com
    thebraidedbandit.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. how pretty you are :) love your style and bag :)

    check out my blog :)
    http://the-newone.blogspot.ru
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. omg how stunning... everything looks so damn cool =)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the whole outfit! It's so cute, especially your shoes!
    ~Sara
    Sincerely, Sara

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a cute outfit! I love the hat and those shoes! You couldn't have picked a cooler place to take pictures, too:) That bag is hilarious, and totally something I would use. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a funny bag! And such a lovely outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  25. this outfit is amazing. and obsessed with the bag!

    xxx
    Lady à la Mode

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such an adorable outfit! The print on your dress is so, so cute! :)

    callmemaddie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love this dress and your hat is so dreamy. The weather has been crazy everywhere. What gives?! Not like I mind fall weather in July or anything. And your shoes are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am dying over that dress and the location of these photos. Absolutely gorgeous!

    xo

    Ashley

    Southern (California) Belle

    ReplyDelete
  29. what a perfect picture scenery set! love all these beautiful shots! your bowler hat is amazing, and cute dress! I LOVE!

    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such a cute dress! I love that bag too!!
    :) Liz @ www.rusticpeach.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely outfit, your are adorable sweetie. I love your bag :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Instagram