Hello from Toronto!
It's been a very long, tedious past couple of days, but I am finally all moved and settled in to my new apartment in Toronto. I miss Chicago and my friends there very much but here's to another year of learning, I've had all summer long to empty up my brain and I'm pretty excited to fill it with some more stuff this year! It's so surreal being back..almost as if I never left. Each time I return I forget how gorgeous the campus is in summer (as most of my time here is cold and wet). There's ivy and vines everywhere, flowers, gorgeous architecture...swoon.
__________________________________________

As for the new place, I'm absolutely in love. It's not much, but with the best friends a girl could ask for, a few of my favorite things, and a pretty bouquet of white flowers, it already feels like home. My roommate Shanu and I have already found our new love, grocery shopping. I can't even explain to you how lovely we feel walking down aisles of fresh produce, neatly piled and brightly colored. I have a very strong feeling I'll be doing a lot less clothes shopping as most of my money will be spent on over-priced Whole Foods walnuts and purple peppers (did you know those were a thing?)
Shanu and I went on a little walk around campus today to enjoy the stunning weather. It was literally perfect. Super warm, but with a very wonderful, light breeze. The perfect opportunity to debut a few new favorite pieces of mine.. I got this mint crop top from Urban Outfitters back in Chicago just a few weeks ago. I've never owned a crop top, as I'm not sure I can pull off that look, but this one was extremely hard to say no to. It's soft color and floral design was screaming my name. Also, sales rack!!! Big plus. It was just perfect with this high-wasted pink skirt (I was wearing it when I bought it). I didn't even have to go through the trouble of tucking it in! Yoopie! I also got a new pair of oxford flats from Aldo, as my mum refused to let me take my other ones. Apparently they were too "disgusting" to be socially acceptable. But hey...cut me some slack, a few rips and scuffs never hurt anyone! Few may be an understatement, they were pretty destroyed...but I had trouble letting go of those shoes. They've been with me for five years. Goodness me.. These were pretty similar though, so I handed over my other pair (also from Aldo) and strutted home with a new pretty pair of shiny shoes. I will walk in caution with these though, as I refuse to throw away another pair of shoes for a very long time...
I hope you enjoy the pictures of these pretty flowers growing around the city~ Thanks for your sweet comments, they bring me so much joy! xx

Currently listening to: Roll Away Your Stone - Mumford and Sons
{Captured by Shanu - wearing; Urban Outfitters top, gifted skirt, ALDO shoes, XXI shades and ring}

49 comments

  1. Ohhhh, such a sweet, pastel outfit! Love the mix of sorbet mint and lilac. Plus, that last photo is just lovely :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow these photos are stunning!! and i love love love your outfit, the pastel colours are so cute! you did an amazing job styling the whole look, gorgeous from head to toe!

    x

    ♥ Ellen
    SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM
    Facebook + Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a stylish look! Love your pastel pink skirt

    Xx

    Alexandra

    www.fashion-bridge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your kind words on my last post!
    What a cute look today, I love the skirt and top so much! And your hair is super pretty...

    Have a fantastic day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photos! I'm glad to hear you're getting settled into your new place!

    -Becca
    Ladyface Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos! I love your outfit and those shoes are so cute! I'm glad you're all settled in and ready to enjoy a new semester. Have fun and thanks for telling me about purple peppers. I want to check those out:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos, those shoes are adorable. Good luck in your new digs!
    xo Annie
    New England Romance

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice outfit, love the soft color combination c:
    I wish you a happy stay and learning in
    Toronto as well! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The new place looks nice.
    Your sunglasses are so funky!!
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful outfit! I love the calm color scheme you choise! & those shots with flowers are awesome! :)

    callmemaddie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a pretty summer look, I love your oxfords! I hope you enjoy your new apartment :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really cute pastel outfit, I adore the top! :)

    Wish you all the best in the new apartment and new city!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these soft colors. Your look is so lovely!

    xx.
    fashion and tea

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely look! The mix of soft colours is really pretty and you found the perfect place to shoot your outfit! Loving your style and I'm glad I stumbled upon your blog! Following you via bloglovin. let's keep in touch!

    Fang Ting
    ftashion

    ReplyDelete
  15. congrats on the move and good luck with your new life there. I wish I could do a new adventure and move out of this place that I currently live in just like you. i think it's exciting. anyway, i love your top! it's super cute and i like the color.

    xo, Carla
    www.CarlaViolet.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. such a girly and romantic look, I love it!

    I just published a new post… I'd like to know what you think about it!
    Nameless Fashion Blog
    Nameless Fashion Blog Facebook page

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adoro tuoi scarpe, queste foto sono favolose!

    http://www.cultureandtrend.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. you look lovely and darling in pastels!! :D

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love your outfit- especially your brogues :O
    followed your blog, follow mine?
    wildvagabondss.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. love your look and the pastel colours!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wow, what a perfect little set of outfit pictures! I especially love the flower shots. You match your surroundings just perfectly, my dear, and your sunnies are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such lovely photos, and a really nice pastel outfit! :)


    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this outfit! The colours are so cute :) And your sunglasses are awesome!
    Yay Toronto! What school do you go to? I go to York :)

    heyniki.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this outfit ! The shoes are so cute

    Madeline | Its a Mads Mads World

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the photo of the lavender. It's such a beautiful plant. And I love your circle sunglasses! Those are so cute. Such a pretty look! <3

    toni

    ReplyDelete
  26. Aww toronto looks amazing:) So green and summery)
    Love the mint top x

    callmedreamyx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. gorgeous photos! pretty flowers and outfit in one. love your sunglasses and the color of your skirt as well, so lovely.

    x
    http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations on the move! Great outfit too! I really like the color of your skirt! :D

    Google + / Twitter / Bloglovin


    cassandra xx
    http://backtofive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely, lovely pictures! I love how 60s mod your outfit is, you look amazing! x

    ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hello, it's me again!

    I'd like to invite you to my Firmoo giveaway, you can win lovely glasses/sunglasses:

    http://badtastetoasttoast.blogspot.de/2013/08/firmoo-classic-series-giveaway.html

    Have a good day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your outfit is so pretty, I love the pastel colors! And your shoes are really cute. Toronto is such a great city! I went there once and I really liked it. Or actually I don't know, I went there a long time ago so I don't really remember much, haha. But i'm sure it's great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. wow love that oxford shoes! <3

    http://hellodida.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. lovely place and outfit :D

    WWW.PUTRIVALENTINALIM.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  34. You look so gorgeous, LOVE this outfit! x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your campus sounds almost as lovely as you! I love this outfit - especially the shades, too whimsical and pretty for words. Also adoring your photography and FYI I love grocery shopping too, just wish there was a whole food in Australia but then again I would definitely not have enough money for clothes and food LOL

    SDMxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. you look like a chic mod gal who stepped right out from the 60s. obsessed!

    xxx
    Lady à la Mode

    ReplyDelete
  37. Amazing pics and places. You look so pretty!

    www.thebeautifulessence.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love everything about this outfit, the colour mix is gorgeous. Really wonderful pictures

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love this pretty pastel outfit! Love the gorgeous flowers too.

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  40. Such a pretty look! Love the pastel skirt

    Xx

    Alexandra

    www.fashion-bridge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. love your shoes! <3
    anyway, how about following each other on blog? I am following you now, let me know when you follow me back!


    sweet and sugars,
    Dias

    ReplyDelete
  42. Lovely outfit sweetie, your top is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. Lovely outfit sweetie, your top is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Instagram