On Moving Forward...
This is a strange post to write. I've kind of left it off for a while (hence the lack of posts...) but alas, here goes. I'll start by wishing you all a most joyous 2014, I hope the first couple of days have been treating you well :). Life has been strange these past couple of months, especially in the last couple of weeks, and the crummy weather isn't helping one bit.
I'm in the middle of that whole - 'where on earth is my life going?' rut and it's really bringing me down. I've been feeling physically ill, practicing flute (the one thing that usually brings up my mood) now makes me sadder, and school is just so emotionally draining right now (break was only 2 weeks long), plus many, many other things are going on right now.
It's funny how easy it is to write my heart out on this blog, when most of my friends don't even know I've been feeling blue. I can't help but wonder if I made the right choice coming to this University, or where I will be in the next five years or even next semester as I may transfer. I've found myself taking more photos and writing more short stories. Then my dear friend pointed out that they are are all extremely dark and gloomy. It's scary because art really reflects the individual oftentimes and I'm usually so high spirited. Am I turning all negative all of a sudden?
I'm still figuring it out, and contacted an old friend/teacher back home. I truly value her amazing advice. She told me that no matter how big a problem seems, it's not as bad as it looks. And really you must stand up and fight for what you love and want to do, because who else will?  Take a break from life, you have time, heal your soul, move on. It'll all be okay. After all - "There are stars up above." Just remember that.
Much love. xx
Currently Listening to - Lost in my Mind - The Head and the Heart
{Captured by Rob - wearing; the Limited shirt, HM Shorts, Zara boots, RL socks, NY&co Coat, Chanel watch, gifted bracelet, ring, and Scarf from Morocco}

15 comments

  1. I know how you feel, I have an existential crisis every single day...
    Love the outfit though, which is what really matters, right ;)
    But seriously, all the pieces are beautiful by themselves, and the way you've paired them together is perfect! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you're having such a rough time right now! Give it some time and you will start to find some direction and some answers. Hang in there, lady!

    -Becca
    Ladyface Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you find your happiness and inspiration again soon. These rough patches come into our lives at time, and it can be tough to fight it off, but I'm certain you'll pull through this!
    On a brighter note, you certainly are looking gorgeous. Aha, I adore your bangs and the grey shorts you're rocking!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos as per usual, I love your scarf! :)

    I'm sorry you're feeling a little down, I went through the same thing in my second year of university. I've always been a really happy person so felt like I had to fake it when I wasn't! In the end I left uni and by the time I worked out what I wanted to do the student fees went up about 5 times here haha. I'm still trying to work it all out, take your time to try and make the right decision for you. 'Do what you love, not what you think you're supposed to do.'

    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos and look!
    Love the color combination of you outfit!
    I'm sorry you're feeling a bit sad, but i think it's prettty normal, it's a phase.
    You'll see everything will be back all right soon! :)
    xxx
    S
    http://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, the weather certainly wouldn't help with these blue feelings, now would it? Despite your down feelings you're looking gorgeous! I hope everything sorts itself out. I think ruts are just a part of life - an unwelcome, unwanted part of life, but nonetheless an unavoidable part.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos. I know how you are feeling. I can relate and you are not alone. Unfortunately these stages come and go, as hard as it is. Wishing you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos. I know how you are feeling. I can relate and you are not alone. Unfortunately these stages come and go, as hard as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think 2014 will bring you great things. Cheers to that, and that watch is gorgeous!!

    xo,
    miranda

    thechicstreet.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate going through those motions. I'm at the "I know where I want to go but can't find the key to unlock the stupid door", it's just a part of life, proof you're human and I think it's a good thing. Questioning what it is you really want is better than going through life not even realizing you may be unhappy or want more. Use it to find your passion and go with it.

    Wishing you all the very best for 2014, may it be brighter for you and filled with much happiness!
    SDMxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. looking so chic and stylish dear..
    i think everyone goes thru some sort of "mid-life crisis". i had it to after finishing university.. but i think it's really just a matter of thinking optimistic and just surrounding yourself with positive people!! :D

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect scarf <3 Those shorts look so great on you and I love your accessories. This is a great outfit! By the way, don't worry about the brief existential crisis. Hehe. We all get to that point, but it passes and we move on. Honestly, (and you may be tired of hearing this, but) you have time to figure it out. Really! I know it may not seem that way, but I'm an old so you should listen to me. Haha. ;D

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely outfit! I love it!

    http://sheisagirlygirl.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so beautiful. I love your sens of style, always pretty and elegant :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a stunning look. Love the scarf.
    http://halielandry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Instagram