November is a stressful time of year for those of us studying. It marks the end of midterm season, most due-dates of major essays and assignments, the eerie knowing that exam season is just around the corner, and (in the case of 4th years) the scramble to complete Grad School applications in a timely fashion. As I've said in a previous post, the unknown of where you will be in under a year is a nerve-racking thought – though it has been my reality since a young age, I’ve never fully grown accustomed to the idea.
Unlike the exciting applications from high school to undergrad (the elevating feeling of finally becoming ‘somewhat adult), I’ve found applying to a Master’s program significantly more nerve-wracking. With acceptance rates as little as 2% in some cases, it has been a tense couple of worry-filled nights and nauseous hours spent in library corners. Juggling exams, assignments, composition portfolios, essays, and dreaded personal statements has never sounded remotely enjoyable, though it’s definitely a lot worse than I ever anticipated.  A new unknown, a new uncertainty of what is to come (both in the next few months and under a year), a new uncertainty of where I will be (mentally and physically, if you dare), and what grad school will be like (if you can answer this last question, please do let me know!).
As I sit on my couch, sick from both stress and a slight cold, looking over photos from the summer holiday, I do not have a feeling of relaxation in the slightest (usually something that always happens when going over old shots of pleasant times). Rather, (during a case of personal-statement-writers-block) I’ve found they’ve made me feel considerably more erratic than before. My days are planned out to the last minute, from the moment I wake up to the 20 minute lunch I consume on the way from class to a library corner, to my evening shower. Yet still, I’ve found myself wishing there were more hours in a day to finish everything on my to-do list. I’m dreading December 1st (deadlines) but subsequently exceptionally cheerful for the idea of both seasonal and accomplished assignments bliss.
Background on these shots – they were taken at the beautiful “My Little Paris LA” Airbnb during my road trip. I stayed at this pretty spot for about a week and a half. The photos truly don’t give the atmosphere and decorations of the Parisian style spot justice. If you watched my snap chats during the trip (username is xmouna) you probably also noticed how much I had been eating. Beautiful breakfasts (sample, sample, and sample), brunches, lunches, and pretty desserts usually consisted of one or two elements from Bottega Louie – a stunning Italian restaurant and patisserie with treats as beautiful as they are delicious just a few blocks away from my then home (all pretty pastries at this tea party are from there). Also, they have Nutella stuffed beignets. Yah. 

And now, back to the grind. Ciao!

Dorothy Perkins Dress | Style&co Heels | Tommy Hilfiger Watch

22 comments

  1. Oh wow the cakes look amazing! Gemma xx
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. These goodies look amazing and they are actually making me hungry! Lovely photos :)

    Sarah | What Sarah Writes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girl I feel you, I'm in school this semester and I am dreading finals but also looking forward to it almost being over!! That is great you applied for your masters!!!! Major respect for you to be doing that. You will for sure get into a great program and succeed, I'm sure :) I need to stay there!! I didn't see your snap chats but those breakfasts look SO GOOD!!! And the cute pastry's!! It all looks sooo amazing!! :)
    x C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! I hope school is going really well for you too, Candace! xo

      Delete
  4. Very nice pictures, these very cute.

    http://www.memoriesapril.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post and amazing photos :)
    xx Kat
    http://katharinaberghofer.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. your picture quality is amazing! brilliant post!
    i absolutely love the look, very editorial!

    p.s what camera do you use?? xx

    www.keelieskloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Keelie! Thanks so much for your sweet words :). I used a Nikon D5200 with a 35mm 1.8 lens!

      Delete
  7. Yummy Pastries. I Love this outfit of yours and how you kept it all simple with minimum accessories. You look lovely

    xoxo - Style.. A Pastiche

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your space, especially the exposed brick walls!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are stunning photos and you are so right -- November is the month that makes everyone so stressed out, but at least we get the holiday's to hopefully unwind!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that looks so beautiful :)
    http://www.youtube.com/c/MissLovelyAttitude
    http://lovelyattitude.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What incredible beautiful images - each one is so elegant and feminine. There's nothing quite like ornately-designed pastries to complete a day! You look truly beautiful, I love your dress :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ugh, I know how you must feel about the mid-terms, because mines are next week and I don't know how I'm gonna survive through the following week. I'm really loving these photos.

    TRENDGALORE
    BLOGLOVIN'

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those pastries look so delicious :) I wish you the best of luck though with everything dear, study hard, but make sure you get your rest! Many hugs xx

    Erica
    www.eggcanvas.me

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those cakes looks so yummy and that cup is so pretty! Your look in beautiful too :)
    xx Elle

    New outfit post on:
    www.cherryblossomstreet.com - Swedish Lifestyle/Travel blogger and Model in Tokyo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum, I could go for a few of those pastries right now!
    xx
    Laura
    www.sequinsatbreakfast.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. the pastries look amazing, i love your photography!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful photos, you are very chic :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Umm...those pastries look so delish! And I love the ambiance, so classy, and you just fit right in with that chic little dress!

    House of Illusions

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Instagram