I want to put it out there, right off the bat before continuing; I am in no way a "style and/or fashion expert." The generation of self-proclaimed *insert any profession here* is at its peak; and though, I digress; at times these proclamations are nothing less than admirable - oftentimes they are far from accurate. Yes, I'll admit I know my way around a Holt Renfrew and I can have a rather in-depth conversation with you regarding Stuart Weitzman's (rather fabulous) A/W boot collection, but in no way does that make me a Grace Coddington, a Vera Wang, or a Karl Lagerfeld. I'm a speck of mere dust in a grand array of style icons.

But heck. I can still have opinions, eh?

And so, to my point. In my most humble opinion, skirts and dresses keep me much cooler than shorts ever have. You'll rarely see me in a pair of shorts - not because I'm apposed to the idea or the extra peak of skin, but because (I'll be completely honest with you here) I always find myself sweating profusely in them. The few pairs that I do own are reserved for layering in the colder months - to be worn with thick tights, warm sweaters, and over sized coats.
In the California heat, I'll dawn my floor length maxi any day if it means beating the harsh midday sun. I wont say I didn't cast an envious side-eye to the much cooler than me girls in their (adorable, might I add) high wasted jean short-shorts and their knitted bralette crop tops a few times during the trip, but alas, at least I stayed mostly dry during the long day. Dry and jealous.

During a week shrouded in continuous rehearsals, deadlines, and mid term assignments, it's always refreshing to look back at days in which we had very little cares. Photos on the beach always allow me to unwind (at least a bit) which has been nice amidst the grad-school application stress. On this specific evening (Friday night, I'll add) you'll find me hunched over my laptop working madly away at a piece I'm composing for Wind Ensemble. Saturday's plans? A flute lesson, personal statements, assignments, and no rest. Sleep is for the weak winter holiday.


Abercrombie and Fitch Dress 

7 comments

  1. K seriously I LOVE your dress!!! SO freaking cute! I was kind of surprised it was from A&F cause I didn't realize they made cute flowy maxi dresses. I need it haha but for reals, LOVE!! And I LOVE your design!!!! It is so cute + simple + perfect, just had to throw that out there so you know it is perfect!! :) And I agree, of course, I choose dresses over shorts any day. They're way more comfortable to me :)
    xo, Candace | Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dress is gorgeous! And this shoot is perfection. I'm loving all the dark tones. I rarely wear shorts -not because of being too hot, I just rarely can find any I really like. So skirts/dresses in the summer are a fave of mine too.

    xo, Andrea // PICSOANDREA

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you finding beaches relaxing - don't work yourself too hard! These images are really beautiful by the way and the lighting is beyond perfect.

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely dress! It's so perfect for your beach photos. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I totally think you look like an expert here. :)

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such peaceful photos! Gorgeous shots -xx

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree--dresses/skirts are the best! I also find them WAY comfier than pants. This dress is a stunner. The floral pattern is beautiful!

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photos ! Your dress is beautiful. Kisses :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Instagram