Every time I leave Chicago for a long period of time, I almost forget how much I'm in love with it. Then why I get back, it really hits me in the feels..a lot.. Like insert the cheesy movie music a lot. I spent an entire day on Michigan and in Millennium Park to enjoy the nice weather the other day. My friends almost killed me - apparently this part of town isn't "real Chicago", it's "tourist Chicago." And one of them was seriously concerned that spending 9 months outside of Chicago changed my perception of it and where to go. Whether or not that's true, I enjoyed playing tourist and running around carrying a huge Nikon, a backpack, and a sloppy smile as I awkwardly laid on the ground taking pictures of tulips and landscapes. Please don't judge. It really helped me connect with my hometown okay?! 

Currently Listening to: Below my Feet - Mumford and Sons

4 comments

  1. It smells like summer. OMG, that cake. Thanks for posting the photos and feel free to drop by me too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these photos are so pretty! I also love the juxtaposition of the nature against the manmade structures

    http://www.themirroronthewall.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredibly stunning photos. I love the title of this post too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Chicago, these are gorgeous photos too!! I love tulips!
    xo
    http://polkadottedpearl.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Instagram